It’s summer, school is out, and sunny days are upon us! With longer days and relaxed rules, there’s so much more time for fun activities, but keeping your kids active and entertained during this time isn’t always easy. Let’s face it, you’re inevitably going to hear the dreaded “I’m bored” from at least one of the kids. Luckily, we’ve assembled a list of 22 fun summer activities perfect for you and your family.
- Plan a backyard camp out!
- Have an epic water fight, complete with balloons, garden hoses, and water pails.
- Get artistic and decorate your sidewalks with sidewalk chalk.
- On particularly hot summer days, try setting up a lemonade stand.
- Go to the library to explore some exciting books for a lazy afternoon.
- Cuddle up with blankets and snacks and have a family movie night.
- Print some coloring sheets and have a color party.
- Make sandwiches, pack veggies and drinks, and go on a picnic.
- Visit a new playpark in your city each week.
- Bring the kids outside and work in the garden.
- Go stargazing.
- Embrace the great outdoors.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Look for interesting bugs, plants, and animals.
- Throw a neighborhood BBQ.
- Build a fort out of cardboard.
- Grab your rods and go fishing!
- Have a cartoon marathon with Kidoodle.TV.
- Learn to skip rope.
- Start a summer journal and describe all the fun things you did over the holidays.
- Have a living room dance party.
- Write letters and postcards to family and friends who live far away.
- Invite friends over for a sleep over.
For even more inspiration, follow our Summer Fun and Fun Kids’ Activities boards on our Kidoodle.TV Pinterest page.
What have you done so far this summer? Do you have some great go-to activities for you and your family? What is your all-time fun summer activity? Let us know by sharing your comments below.
~ Alicia & Jeremy