Celebrate Pride Month all of June with Kidoodle.TV®! We’ve listed some super special episodes and series to help you talk to your little ones about diversity, tolerance and acceptance. Use these shows and free resources below to educate yourself and others on gender and sexuality identity spectrums and how anyone can be an ally.
Ways to Celebrate
1. Learn about the history of Pride Month
Pride is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall Uprising in Manhattan. Watch this video to learn more about how to explain the Stonewall Uprising to kids
2. Read About How to be A Better Ally
The Center for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center reports at least 78% of LGBTQ+ teens are bullied at school and ⅓ have skipped school due to safety concerns. What’s the easiest way to ensure all kids feel safe at school? Let’s do our best to commit to LGBTQ+ allyship, recognizing what it means to be a bystander and an advocate.
DoSomething.org recommends “If you see discrimination happening, say something. Every time you make it clear that you will not tolerate homophobia and transphobia in your life, you point out that hate is abnormal and unacceptable. You may change minds, or you may just make someone in the room who isn’t out feel a little bit safer. Either way, it’s appreciated.”
3. Catch these Kidoodle.TV® favorites that celebrate acceptance and tolerance
True and the Rainbow Kingdom – Love
Brady Rhymer “I’m Coming Out”
Ginalina’s Music Club – “Rainbow”
My Little Pony – Dancing in the Clouds
4. Share resources that teach kids about the sexual spectrum and diversity.
5. Watch movies, TV shows, music and books that feature or celebrate LGBTQ+ content and creators.
6. Click to watch a video reading of the book :“Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag” with your kids.
7. Tag us on Instagram (@kidoodletv) show us how you’re celebrating Pride this year with your family for a chance to be featured!
Content availability may vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
We make no representations and are not responsible for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external sites listed.